Saturday, May 11, 2013

Congratulations on Writing Your Play!



Today you’re going to finish writing your play about how your dad touched you this one time when you were young and it took you a long time to get over it, but you’re more or less okay about it.

In a few months your dad will meet you after the opening of the play.

“So,” he’ll say awkwardly.

“Soooooooo…” you’ll respond, trailing off as you look desperately for an avenue of escape.

“None of that actually happened.”

You’ll shrug.

“There was that one time where you made me feel a little like you didn’t want to pay attention to me that one day.”

“What?” he’ll respond.

“HELP MY DAD IS GOING TO TOUCH ME AGAIN!  AHHHH!” will be your counter.  At this point your fans (who make no mistake, are psychopaths) will surround your father and begin tearing him to pieces.

“I’m so happy for your success!  I love you so much!” will be his last words as he’s murdered by the crowd.  This will lead to you writing your considerably less successful follow-up play: I Pretended My Dad Touched Me in a Play and then My Fans Murdered Him, Sort of For Me, Sort of For Their Own Sake.

It will open to middling reviews.

Congratulations on Writing Your Play!

No comments: