Sunday, August 16, 2015

Super Nerd Sundays Presents: A Brief Delay!

In the rush up to the start of the semester, a number of other personal projects, and a particularly large SNS that will be arriving next week, I've realized, mere hours before my self-imposed deadline, that I won't be able to post a Super Nerd Sunday this week, at least not one that would meet my meager quality standards. As such, I offer you this, a link to a video of a pair of cats hugging.  Next week, I'll be putting up an in-depth piece that attempts to address notions of how the "gamer" identity functions, how prejudice, in a general sense, takes shape, specifically between groups that all exist outside of the conventional hierarchical structures of society, and how that relates to video games and, more specifically, the emergent backlash against critical and creative voices who have worked to expand the conversation that video games are having their players.  The piece is almost three times as long as the essays I usually post on this site, and a great deal more complex, so I'd like to spend a little bit longer working on it.  Thanks for bearing with me, dear reader, and check back next week if anything I just mentioned above sounds even mildly interesting to you!

No comments: